Fruvous Dot Com
FHDC FAQ

Welcome, guest!
Create an account for a personalized experience,
or log on if you have one.

just curious

Discussion: just curious
Paul · 19 years, 3 months ago
Of those attending FR this year how many plan to volunteer?
Mamalissa! Back · 19 years, 3 months ago
I won't be volunteering. I did it one summer, and it was a fantastic experience - especially meeting other vols at mealtime. At the same time, it was a lot of stuff to do, and even though I saw everything I *had* to see, I was too pooped to explore new acts. And since I'm able to pay for the ticket, that's the way I go.

It's a great option for people on a tighter budget, tho.
100% dainty! Back · 19 years, 3 months ago
I plan on volunteering because until I have oodles and scads of money, volunteering is SO worth it! It's not just getting in for free, it's the free meal ticket. Plus everyone loves you and all the performers thank you so it's a big warm cuddly fest. ;)
nate... · 19 years, 3 months ago
mucho love for the volunteers, though... they rock!

It's just not for me. :)
Kris 'engaged' Bedient · 19 years, 3 months ago
I am really thinking about volunteering. I looked at the blurb on the FRFF site, so I have some idea of what's involved, and I did see that you have to work 5-6 hours per day. What's the experience really like?
Paul Back · 19 years, 3 months ago
I volunteered for the first time last year on the hospitality crew. Great fun driving around on the carts,but not as good as getting front row seats to watch performers when I worked backstage at the main�stage tent. I spent time talking with Vance Gilbert and he was very nice and just as funny as he is on stage. I also got to see Ritchie Havens incredible guitar playing closeup the night I was working the main stage. Incredible. A great experience all around. Most crew chiefs will let you set your schedule and have time off when your favorite acts are playing.
I can see the bunny Back · 19 years, 3 months ago
I loved volunteering at FRFF when I did it. Personally, I highly recommend the tshirt tent. It's right next to the main stage so even if you aren't in the audience, you can still hear all the music. Plus, it's a covered tent in case of rain. ;)

You must first create an account to post.

©1999-2024 · Acceptable Use
Website for Creative Commons Music?