Melanie the Goob · 13 years, 5 months ago
I was just browsing FHDC and soemone mentioned Frumiles in a post...
Once upon a time, I had a card. Actually, I had two. But it was impossible to remember to keep them and I never got more than 2 or 3 stamps at a time.
But I did keep my ticket stubs. After it became apparent that Fruvous was on a long-term hiatus, I counted up all the shows I'd been to.
What would 18 stamps have gotten me? Not enough for bowling with the band, I know... Does anyone have a card handy to let me know?
Gordondon son of Ethelred · 13 years, 5 months ago
I think the cap was 12 or 15. I left mine at a restaurant and it was gone the next day.
Bender · 13 years, 5 months ago
Mine was lost when my wallet was stolen during my second trip to see Doug nearly four years ago.
The Frumiles card was introduced in Quill #12. Below is the text from that quill detailing the prizes.
It is so funny that we have to look this stuff up now, when I'm pretty sure most of us could have quoted all of this from memory at the time. :)
It is with the usual unprecedented ballyhoo that we unveil the latest revolution in customer appreciation: The Frümile Card. Big-hearted fan payback? Wily, insidious consumerism? We couldn't care less, and neither will you as you clutch your card tightly in your hand and viciously elbow a fellow Frühead to the floor in front of the merch table. Intrigued? Read on...
The Frümile Card is based upon a complicated system of levers and pulleys...whoops! Different project. Now where the hell is is...oh yes...The Frümile Card is based on a complicated system similar in many respects to the Frühead Card. The participating live show attendee - say, you - simply takes his or her Frümile Card to the merch table and has it stamped by our courteous attendant. These stamps can then be redeemed for prizes and loot (see Loot List). Each show is worth one 100 point stamp, except some hard-to-reach or otherwise infrequent tour stops. Do you spend 500 on the pin and 1000 on the cap, or hold out for the songbook at 1500? these are decisions we can't make for you. Stamps will be awarded for the duration of this millenium, but prizes can still be collected after that, provided that civilization hasn't been completely wiped out by the Comet.
We'll leave you then to salivate over the FrüMiles Loot List and to plot your lives out accordingly or un-accordingly. the disfunctional coffee pot here at Quill Central is not responding to our desperate maledictions, so if the good lord's willin' and the creeks don't rise, we'll see ya later!
Hey folks! Here they are! The tantalizing list of prizes you can earn just for showing up to innumerable Früvous shows at great personal expense. Watch out for special point bonuses for especially degrading behavior or for shows way out in the middle of nowhere. Good luck and happy hunting!
* 300 points - Früvous Key Fob Emblazoned with our mascot and founder, Larry Boniface Clebdon. A serious temptation for those who aspire to greater things, such as the...
* 500 points - Früvous Commemorative Pin-Broach Less functional but more fashionable than the fob, this colourful metal all-weather pin-broach is certainly worth having, unless you want to hold out for...
* 1000 points - A Früvous Racing Cap All the rage, we understand, in Paris. Worn forwards on the golf course, backwards at the rave, this hot little item has Larry sewn on the back to reinforce brand loyalty. Don't say we've never done anything for you.
* 1500 points - Homespun Früvous Campfire Songbook A collection of Früvous songs, with compleat lyrics and chords. Attractively illustrated and bound. The prize we may really regret offering.
* 2500 points - Original Mint Condition Früvous Independent Cassette The tape that started it all. Our very first release, with the only version of Green Eggs and Ham you'll ever hear in your home. Still in its original wrapping and containing authentic February 1992 air. Supplies very limited, so act now.
* 3000 points - Bowling with the band, plus treats Can you resist all those other prizes for a crappy afternoon of bowling with the Früvous guys? Yes, you can. We don't know what 'treats' means yet, but we know that you will be as surprised and pleased as us when you find out.
Gordondon son of Ethelred · 13 years, 4 months ago
That was the first frumiles card. I think all I got that time was the keychain. I virtually never remembered to bring my card to shows.
What do you mean "the first?" There was only one "FRUMILES" card promotion. It was the follow up to the "FRUHEAD card" of 1997 (which was the first one, with the "ass brand" and the dates and the fruhead songs).
I knew she signed my last two on the NYE and NYD shows.
But the 11-24 show..... I don't remember her stamping my card!
nate... · 13 years, 4 months ago
and to think, if I'd ever remembered to get stamps... or... felt like doing it... I'd have gotten stuff.
nate... · 13 years, 4 months ago
Now THIS I have to see... I mean, josh has a sweet as and all.... but the good father? oy vey!
Sunday, March 22, 1998; 9pm TV Ontario's 'Mr. Jones' Show about fame, features clips from the Fruhead Convention (held on 2/21/98)
This was that infamous TV show that put the fruheads into a stalkerish light.
We were going to show it at Frucon II but many protested and didn't want it shown.
angelmusicmaven · 13 years, 4 months ago
In retrospect, I was proud of acting like an idiot on purpose in that bit.
You must first create an account to post.