FHDC Acceptable Use Policy
Posted by: Josh Woodward on Tue, Jan 1, 2002:
Due to recent unfortunate incidents, it's time
to remind FHDC users of
what's permitted and what's not. We're generally a
tight-knit and friendly
group, so I urge you to listen and take this to
heart to maintain the vibe
of this very cool community.
Things that are not acceptable include:
- Foul language, explicit content, or
slanderous statements on public forums. There are
many younger Fruheads on here, and we need to
- Nude, or otherwise crude pictures in profiles.
Again, there are children
- Posting of images, files, etc with the purpose of using on other sites. I'll give active members of the community a little more latitude on this, but please do it in the FHDC Homepages section, not in the profile pictures area.
- Posting of copyrighted or otherwise illegal
content in FHDC webspace,
including commercial MP3s and software.
- "Bumping" forum threads to get them back on top. They'll just get "unbumped" or closed.
- Use of FHDC resources for commercial gain.
FHDC is non-profit, and user
funded. If you want webspace to make money, you
need to go elsewhere.
If a given number of FHDC moderators decide
that you're in violation of
these rules, you are placed on "time-out", meaning
you will be unable to
use the site.
I wish it were not necessary to remind FHDC of
these, I guess it's just
part of the growing pains of a community like
this. Thanks, and carry on!