Fruvous Dot Com
FHDC FAQ

Welcome, guest!
Create an account for a personalized experience,
or log on if you have one.

Fruvous.com

Discussion: Fruvous.com
Jason · 17 years, 10 months ago
Has anyone tried to get a hold of Jason Reiser (webmaster of fruvous.com) to update the site, or to offer to update it for him? Even if the band doesn't get back together again professionally again (God forbid!), we would like to know what the band has done (fully) (and possibly the occasional update to what they've recently done). Plus several links on there aren't any good anymore.
Gordondon son of Ethelred Back · 17 years, 10 months ago
I think the short answer is yes.
I used to run into him all the time, now I haven't seen him in years.
Mamalissa! Back · 17 years, 10 months ago
*Mister* Jason Reiser?
Chris "Father" O'Malley · 17 years, 10 months ago
Hello all,

Actually, *I'm* the webmaster of Fruvous.Com, not Jason. :) Jason has graciously hosted FDC on his servers all these years.

I know FDC has languished for a while, but the individual artist websites have done most of the taking over for where the lads are now. Plus, I'm married now and have a ton of other stuff going on. :)

I gave the "source code" of FDC to Josh Woodward a while back, but I know he's busy with this site, fruhead.com. I've never been adverse to the idea of someone taking it over and updating it...it's just something I don't have the time for anymore. Those who remember me back in 97 and 98 know that I spent a LOT of time keeping FDC going during its prime.

Chris
Josh Woodward Back · 17 years, 10 months ago
Actually, the only thing stopping me on this end is that Jason still owns the domain name. I've got the site up and running on my server, but there's not a way to change the name servers to point here. Unless you know something I don't. *grins*
Paul D. Beasi Back · 17 years, 10 months ago
Well it expires in December. Wonder if someone is camping on it, that could be interesting.
John J. Ryan Back · 17 years, 10 months ago
When it does expire, a bot cybersquatter will snatch it right up, and it will essentially be lost forever, unless you pay a hefty price to buy it back.  That's what happened with budgiedome.com.
Chris "Father" O'Malley Back · 17 years, 10 months ago
Last December, it expired for a few days and then was renewed. I think Jason is making sure the domain name isn't lost...however, that still doesn't solve Josh's name server problem. :)
nate... Back · 17 years, 10 months ago
Unless you know how to perform miracles.... such as contacting jason.

:P

Kathryn Back · 17 years, 8 months ago
I don't know about now, but Jason used to have it set up so that he'd automatically renew expiring domains that were important (or he'd get plenty of notice and renew them).  Don't know if that's still the case, though it looks like that particular activity was just an update, not a renewal.

If Father O'Malley  is somehow listed as the owner (as opposed to the technical contact, which I'm guessing is Jason), you might be able to get the domain back without Jason.  He used to host my domain, and then when he dropped off the face of the earth a few years ago, I had to get it back.  Since I was listed as the owner, I contacted Tucows to request changes to my domain registration.  They sent official contacts to Jason to see if he agreed with the changes.  Since he never responded to them, after sufficient elapsed time they let me have the domain.

So, if you can get Tucows to contact him, you might just be able to get hold of him, or to get the domain back without him.  Also, I think his old phone number is still good, so Josh might want to try calling him.
Misch Back · 17 years, 8 months ago
That's how I got my domain back.
Bender Back · 17 years, 8 months ago
Doug works for Tucows.  If you need anything, let me know.
Gordondon son of Ethelred Back · 17 years, 8 months ago
Doug works for two cows? What are their names? Do they give milk?
Bender Back · 16 years, 5 months ago
You realize you made this joke two years in a row, right?

Oh, no.  Does this make it a tradition now?
Gordondon son of Ethelred Back · 16 years, 5 months ago
Did you complain because Fruvous sang the same song more than once? It is a fan favorite. People feel cheated if I don't tell that joke at least once a year. In other words Don't have a cow, and especially don't have two cows.

Mooo!
Yeah, but Fruvous's songs were good... *ducks*
Hey they sang, When she talks more than once. Are you going to go on record as saying that was good? And what do the Dukhs have to do with this discussion?
Jason · 16 years, 5 months ago
Has anyone noticed that the sight is down?  The top of the page reads:  "The name servers for this domain (fruvous.com) are incorrectly configured. Please contact your domain name administrator for further assistance."

Anyway that someone can get control of the site
Agent Scully Back · 16 years, 5 months ago
I can see it fine on firefox. http://www.fruvous.com/
The seach isn't working though.

Software error:

Cannot open /home/fruvous/public_html/fruvous.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/data/inv_index:  at /home/fruvous/public_html/fruvous.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/search.pl line 53.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Josh Woodward Back · 16 years, 5 months ago
I don't think it's going to be working anytime soon. I think that was configured for an old server.
Sarah Back · 16 years, 5 months ago
I'm using Safari on OSX and can see the site with no problem also.
Now I see it not the claim jumper's site.

Is anybody in touch with Jason? I haven't seen him in years. I think the last time I saw him was FRFF 2004.
If the band cared enough, they'd take care of their own site.  It's really their concern, not ours.
I wasn't thinking about the band or the site but of Jason for his own sake.
nate... Back · 16 years, 5 months ago
*nods*

I was worried too... but apparently he's doing fine. Even though I was unable to contact him directly, I did hear from someone who HAS talked to him, and things are going great for him.

I, too, was concerned something awful had happened to him.

You must first create an account to post.

©1999-2024 · Acceptable Use
Website for Creative Commons Music?