User Log On

About
Member Map
What's New?
Fruvous Dot Com
FHDC FAQ

Welcome, guest!
Create an account for a personalized experience,
or log on if you have one.

what popples deserve in life!!!

Discussion: what popples deserve in life!!!
goovie is married! · 16 years, 1 month ago
I think Popples deserve lots of love and snuggles. And a return to the children's toy market, similar to the recent resurrections of Strawberry Shortcake and the Care Bears. And the same thing goes for the Hugga Bunch. AMEN!
Rimbo Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I wholeheartedly agree.  I also think Popples deserve more respect.  : )  And what about the Get-Along Gang?  OR SHIRT TALES?!?!?!?  Shirt Tales ruled!  BITCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111
goovie is married! Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
(i think my brother still has his montgomery moose doll.)

and lets not 4get the wuzzlz!!! bumbullyon n hoppopattamuss n rynoki cud kik ur a$$!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!
Rimbo Back · 16 years, 1 month ago

I had a Montgomery Moose doll forever, but for some reason I took his shirt off (for some reason) so for the final ten years or so, he hung around the house in his pants.  Which I guess is kind of appropriate, since he was unemployed, and that's what I do when I'm unemployed . . .  oh, yeah, almost forgot:

Teh wsuzles wer soooooo kewl!!!!  NIcklback rulez!!!  BITCHEZ!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

goovie is married! Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
my brother's montgomery moose is entirely naked.

i hope that's not what my brother's doing while he's unemployed...especially since he's living with our parents.
Rimbo Back · 16 years, 1 month ago

Yeah, for your parents' sake.

Talcott Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I love you both. :-D
Do you know how few people I know remember the Get Along Gang?
I had a couple of the book+record combos, but the best was the Caboose playset, which came with all of the characters other than the reptiles. Who doesn't need a little plastic cat in orange sweats?

ChrisChin is Getting Old Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I still have a Zipper Cat refrigerator magnet. I'm had a beaver one, but I'm not sure where it went. I have to look on the fridges more carefully.
renita Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
i had a crush on montgomery moose.
dirty life & times Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
i had a crush on portia.
Prinut Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I still have one of the books somewhere.  Jeez...I completely forgot about them.  I have the one where Montgomery Moose gets lost or something and I remember seeing the picture of him with his shirt all torn up and thinking "Wow...art can not get any better than this"  (ots-I was six)
Shelly Back · 16 years, 1 month ago

dood.

do NOT forget the fa-TAB-u-lous elleroo!!!!  i think i still have one of those at ma-ma's.

AND he was purple and pink!!!!!!

Talcott Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I thought saw popples in a Meijers a little bit ago, but they were electrified. (If I remember right, there were light-up stars on their cheeks).

Now if they'd only make new episodes of Kidd Video :-D

I'm suprised the Kool Aid man hasn't made a come back yet...
Laura P. Back · 16 years, 1 month ago

I'm suprised the Kool Aid man hasn't made a come back yet...

He's in a commercial for either Target or K-Mart. Can't remember which. It's the one where all the advertising mascots are rushing to the store. At the very end Kool-aid man bursts through wall --"OH YEAH"

Ligeia Lester Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I saw that ad. it's for target.
"oh yeah...."
Rimbo Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
Of course, the best "Family Guy" moment ever is the episode where they're in the courtroom, and the judge gives a verdict of guilty, and the camera pans to each family member saying "Oh, no," over and over until the Kool-Aid man bursts through the wall of the courthouse, says "Ohhh Yeeeeahhhhhh!," gives an awkward pause, and slowly backs out the hole through which he came in.  Cut to commercial.
goovie is married! Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
that's still one of my favorite family guy moments, too.
Beth Back · 16 years, 1 month ago

Yeah, I saw "new" Popples a couple years ago, but I thought they were super ugly, and that depressed me. I had about 7 or 8 Popples, and then I got stupid and sold them for barely anything when I was about 11. Then I learned never to get rid of anything ever ever ever.

But, uh, yeah, new Popples were not cute, and so I did not accept them. I also didn't like what they did when they brought the Pound Puppies back. At least the Care Bears look pretty good.

Now if they'd only make new episodes of Kidd Video :-D

I would totally settle for some old episodes of Kidd Video! {g} Oh man, The Littles are back on on Saturday mornings, I think. I saw them a month or two ago. It rooled. {g}

Talcott Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
You might be the only person on here other than Lacy and me who remembers Kidd Video :-)

I didn't even see that they brought back pound puppies
renita Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
and when they bring back the popples they have to bring back the popples perfume that was sold with some of them.

yo.
Ligeia Lester · 16 years, 1 month ago
oh man! I can't believe I forgot about the popples! I never had one, tho...

I had the Get Along gang clubhouse caboose, tho! it was great! and I had 2 Wuzzles and tons of books. hmm, I had Hoppo (the hippo bunny) and ButterBear. my brother might have had the lion-bee dude (what wuz his name?) and mooseel.

hee hee! I love 80's toys! I wish they'd ALL come back!
Beth Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
Don't forget Eleroo! Eleroo was a good guy. As opposed to that jokester Rhinokey. {g}
Rimbo · 16 years, 1 month ago
This thread just oozes nostalgia. I think I wanted the clubhouse caboose, but never got it, and then the show disappeared, so I didn't care anymore.
Bender · 16 years, 1 month ago
I have a talking pee-wee herman pullstring doll. therefore, I win.
Rachel Marie aka RAI Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I have a Storytime Alf who has a place in his butt to put in casette tapes and he talks along with them. :oD
Rimbo Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
That reminds me of Teddy Ruxpin.  MAN, that thing was freaky.  Teddy Ruxpin?  More like Teddy Posessed-By-An-Evil-Spirit.
Bruce Rose Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I never had a Teddy Ruxpin, but I used to mute the Snuggle (fabric softener) commercials all the time.  I imagine they looked about the same.
goovie is married! Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
dude. a friend of mine used to use his old teddy ruxpin to play lou reed tapes. i would have given anything to watch that. :)
Nik Chaikin Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
a have a big bird that does that.
Victoria · 16 years, 1 month ago
I still have two boxes of My Little Ponies.

I lack Popples, but I have a hedgehog who rolls up like a Popple sometimes. Though he's less cuddly.
Laura P. Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I only have one box (space limitations) but it is filled with ponies, orginal Strawberry shortcake dolls (mostly sans clothing, unfortunately) and Sea Wees dolls. Oh, yeah and my cabbbage patch kids.
Mamalissa! Back · 16 years, 1 month ago
I've got the Cabbage Patch Kids ("Mommmmmmmm! Don't call them dollllls! You're embarrrrasing meeeeee!")

Unfortunately the ponies with the stable, and strawberry shortcake dolls with the treehouse carrying-case thing have all gone the way of the dodo.

We've got the Lots-a-legs still - my neice likes it.

Popples, I do not recall.
*joolee* · 16 years, 1 month ago
Awwl, man I used to have an awesome 3 wheeled plastic popple bike! It had a popple in the front and if you squeezed the tail, it would come out of it's pouch-thing. Yay!
Rimbo · 16 years, 1 month ago
For all those fans of the uber-crude (what a great phrase) trading cards, they're coming out with a new line. I still might have all my old ones. Wonder if they're worth anything . . .

You must first create an account to post.