FHDC FAQ

Welcome, guest!
Create an account for a personalized experience,
or log on if you have one.

Greetings, all

Discussion: Greetings, all
Ryan · 17 years, 7 months ago
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Got interested in MF about 5 years ago after they had already begun their hiatus, unfortunately. I've been busy downloading a lot of the live recordings, so it's almost like I've been to a concert. But not.

I'll poke my head in here every once in a while, I suppose. I'm also active on the Janis Ian Message Board, a folk artist from a different decade but one that's still making music and performing. Other favorites include Phil Ochs, Gordon Lightfoot, Harry Chapin, Jim Croce, and a smattering of more recent (and mostly alive) artists.

As for me, I'm a perpetual student, just beginning my Master's thesis work in Environmental Studies focusing on habitat conservation for carnivorous plants--merging my two interests. Travel is a pleasure of mine and I've visited 34 US states, two Canadian provinces, and Italy. Hope to expand that soon with a trip across the Southern US to wrap up the contiguous 48.

It's wonderful to know there are so many dedicated Fruheads out there still. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
*joolee* Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
Rock on!
Ryan Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
I plan on it 
Thanks!
ChrisChin is Getting Old Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
Hey Ryan! Nice to know that there are still relatively newish Fruheads out there who find this site and have the courage to post, risking being eaten alive!!!...*cough*....Nah, I kid. We're mostly friendly around these parts. Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Thanks for the warm welcome
You all seem like a nice bunch. I don't think I'm in any danger of being eaten alive, but that might be an interesting Sunday afternoon activity.
danced with Lazlo Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
But you look so deleeeeecious!
*Backs away slowly*
*Takes silverware and tartar sauce from you*
May I recommend the hufu as a suitable alternative?

Mamalissa! Back · 17 years, 7 months ago

<Cockney Accent>

I've got here some fish and chips, some chicken and chips, some jellied eel on chips, and a bi' of my landlord's ear.  Now, which one of these does not fit?  It's the jellied eel on chips, because all the rest taste quite lovely with a bi' of tarter sauce.

</Cockney Accent>

Neil Bardhan Back · 12 years, 3 months ago

Does anybody know the source of Mamalissa's text? She doesn't know an original source for it, and somebody in an AskMetaFilter thread knows of it too, but not where it came from precisely. Reply here or over there and another Internet mystery can be solved... 

> <Cockney Accent
> I've got here some fish and chips, some chicken
> and chips, some jellied eel on chips, and a bi' of my landlord's ear. 
> Now, which one of these does not fit? It's the jellied eel on chips,
> because all the rest taste quite lovely with a bi' of tarter sauce. </Cockney
> Accent
>

Oh... my
hehe, <3 the Daily Show
Gordondon son of Ethelred Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
I doubt very much that he is kosher. Ryan do you have cloven hooves and chew your cud?
Why yes, yes I do. *looks around nervously*
Gordondon son of Ethelred Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
mmmmryanbrisket
Well, now we need a shochet...
Misch Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
I'll go get the cranberry dressing...
goovie is married! Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
welcome! always happy to welcome another fruhead into our midst--especially one who also digs janis ian, phil ochs, and brian wilson. :)
Thanks!
Oh! And I'm so jealous. My partner is driving to New York City with his mother next week to see Brian Wilson and Al Jardine perform Pet Sounds. That's why I had SMiLE lyrics on the mind, hence the sig.
John J. Ryan Back · 17 years, 7 months ago
Hey, thanks for loading all of the Fruvous music vids to YouTube.  It's about time it happened.  Still great to welcome new fans, and with Fruvous on YouTube, we'll get even more new fans.
LizaLS · 12 years, 2 months ago
Hello all! Spending the afternoon listening to over two hours of Fruvous circa 1999 here: http://www.archive.org/details/moxy1999-01-02.tlm170.flac16 I know I'm not the only to ever have posted this link, it just reminded me to stop in and say hello to you true believers. Have a great weekend!
Kevin Barthelemy Back · 12 years, 2 months ago

I'm very glad that you posted that link. I keep forgetting about the Internet Archive...heh. Great stuff! I've been trying to supplement my collection of CDs for years, but hadn't been finding anything with the level of quality I need. I wish I could have done some recording myself, but back then, I couldn't afford the gear.

Anyway, it's great to hear shows I wasn't at!

You must first create an account to post.

©1999-2024 · Acceptable Use
Website for Creative Commons Music?